There are two things that I really hate shopping for, shoes and pants. Well I had to go shoe shopping today. I needed some good support shoes. I found some way comfy Birkenstocks, but they were also way pricey and not very cute. I decided that when you are shopping for comfort you really do give up a little bit of style. I did find some flip flops with some arch support, not the cheap $12 ones I was wearing, but a nice $40 pair of flip flops, OUCH. Good thing Famous Footwear was having a buy one get 2nd pair half off. So I got my running shoes too and today is running day so it's time to start breaking them in. (I tried to find Striders from Jen's suggestion, but didn't have any luck finding it. I don't know if I had the wrong address or if I was just not seeing it)
Today when I was running around shoe shopping I had to stop and gas up Erik's car. I almost started crying at the pump. The rising prices at terrible. With gas and grocery prices going up I am afraid that we are going to feel the pinch soon.
On another note, I went to the Temple last night for ward night. Erik was actually at work so I got Aunt Shurna to watch the kids last minute. I was worried about leaving them with her because of Miss Fussy Pants, but she survived even with the screaming. I was so happy to be at the Temple. It has been way too long and we still hadn't made it since we missed going for our Anniversary. As I was getting ready to go yesterday a line of a song popped into my head and I kept saying it in my mind all night. "Sacrifice brings forth the blessings of heaven" I got thinking what else can I be sacrificing because we could for sure use more blessings, who doesn't need more.
No comments:
Post a Comment