Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Random Thoughts

I have all these thoughts running through my head for posts, but when I get to the computer I have a hard time putting them into words and they don't ever sound the way I want them to.
So I hope this sounds right and I may be editing it a millions times before I am finally happy with it.
Are all the rooms in your houses finished? So we have lived in our house for 5 years and we don't have any finished rooms. I have a couple rooms close to being done. They just need a shelf painted and hung or a few other accessories.
It has just been in the last 3 years that we have bought most of our furniture. Actually our first furniture purchase was the crib and changing table almost 5 years ago. We bought our first couch set when Ashlyn was born 3 years ago and slowly got the rest of our furniture. I think we have finally replaced all the hand me down stuff that we had when we were newlyweds.
I have mentioned to Erik many times though, that I am glad we didn't do everything when we first moved in. 1. We couldn't have afforded it and we would have really put ourselves in a bid if we would have put it all on credit and 2.Our taste has changed over the years.
There have been so many houses in our neighborhood that have been repossessed. I can only guess that they probably went crazy putting in yards and buying furniture. So we feel lucky that we are finally getting to where we are happy with everything and we didn't charge it all.
Maybe this sounds a little shallow, but it makes me happy to buy something nice for the house.
This is what we got today. It is a solid wood table for the front room. It is gorgeous. And I know it just furniture and I can't take it with me when I go, but a good piece of furniture can be passed down for generations to enjoy.

1 comment:

jen said...

I really like that table a lot. A lot, a lot. Nice. And I don't have any rooms finished being decorated in my new house either. I tried calling Michelle but she hasn't called back yet. I'll try again. It would be really fun to do a card night - or just a girls night.