Have you ever said you were going to do something and well, then you forget and you don't do it. Or how 'bout you go to the grocery store and if you don't have a list you forget everything you were suppose to get.
I am putting this in writing so I can see it daily and remind me of my goal. I need to lose weight. So if you notice my little ticker on the side on my screen I will let you all see my progress.
I am sad to say that, yes, I am getting older. Still under 30, but my metabolism is just not what it use to be. My baby weight seemed to have just fallen off after my first two babies. This time it looks like the extra weight is here to stay for a while and it's not welcome.
So my goal is to lose 17lbs, although I won't stop there if I can get to it. I would actually love to lose 22lb and weight what my drivers license says I weight :-)
I have started jogging around the track at the park and I am making a goal to run at least twice a week, three if it fits into the schedule and I need to start other exercises on the days I don't jog. I can't afford a new wardrobe and nothing fits comfortably right now. I need to watch what I eat more than I do. That Krispy Kreme coupon that came in the paper Sunday is not doing me any good. I am going to take the fruits and vegetables out of the cripser and put them on the top shelf of the fridge at eye level and keep my cute McKay Dee Hospital water mug on the counter so I can remember to drink more water.
Any other suggestions or helpful hints would be appreciated.
2 comments:
So, I started my couch to 5k running program a few weeks ago to TRY to get back into shape. I used to run alot between Wy & Tessa and it helped me lose alot of weight then I stopped when I got prego with tess. You can download a podcast onto your ipod/mp3 player and the guy coaches you along and helps you run/walk at the right times. It works you gradually up to running a 5k in 30 minutes. I believe the actual website that has the guide is coolrunning.com there is a newbie area. I am only on week 3. But It is working for me, although I am definiatly not speedy gonzales. Anyway, that's what I am currently doing.
Cool. I'll have to check it out. They just got a RS specialist in our ward and she is going to help train those interested in running a 5k. She is starting the training in June and the run is in Sept.
I know I just need to keep running. I actually dropped 2 lbs last week. I seemed to have been stuck at a weight and I didn't think I would ever drop down more.
Post a Comment