Saturday, May 3, 2008

March of Dimes


I did the March for Babies this morning. I got to the park at was a little confused I seen a table, thinking that was the sign up table, but I didn't see any people. I couldn't be the only one doing the walk, it took me a minute to figure out it started in the pavilion on the North end of the High School. There was a good turn out, a lot of businesses had groups of employees and their families walking. My group was Super cool. It was me, Zac Efron, James Marsden, Nicki Blonsky, and John Travolta. Ok so it was just me walking to my Hairspray soundtrack, but I just strapped on my mp3 player and didn't care.
It was a 3 mile walk. It went around the Layton Park twice. It took me 40 minutes, but I walked the whole first lap and jogged almost the whole second lap. I am hoping to do mostly running for the 5k next week, at least get a good preliminary time so I can keep training and do another 5k in Sept.
I feel very blessed to have 3 babies that were all born healthy, but I know others that have had many problems and have lost little ones too early. I was happy to walk and donate to such a great cause. I got thinking about my little girls having babies someday and hope that technology and medicine keep making great strides forward to help end premature births and babies born with birth defects.

No comments: