Saturday, December 24, 2011

New Christmas Stuff

I have needed a way to hang stockings forever. We have always just laid them on the back of the couch. Wish we had a mantle to hang them on. My original idea to hang stockings was a ladder made from 1x2's...it just didn't look right. On to plan B...I had a bunch of spindles in the garage from an awesome trip to the thrift store (I was saving them for a side table but changed my mind). I also have a stash of finials...making this a free project...didn't have to buy a thing!

I put it together and my husband painted it for me today!! Yes Today! It's Christmas Eve and we made a stocking hanger AND new stockings for Santa's visit tonight. I didn't quite finish though. My husbands is the only finished stocking...the rest still need to be girly-fied...you know with ruffles and bows and flowers. I would say we had a petty productive day!

I made a bunch of ornaments for my tree this year and finally got around to making a fabulous new tree skirt full of lovely ruffles. I am falling in love with my tree...really I am. I love every ornament that I put on that tree. I finally got to the point that I bought my kids their own tree to decorate cause I didn't want them messing with my pretty tree. Sounds selfish, but I like the matching theme trees and the ornaments to stay in the same place. You know how kids rearrange.

(note: I had to post this tonight. I have had so many occasions that I have come up with a craft or idea and don't get around to it and a month or so later I find it on a blog and wish I would have made mine. I have not been on blogs in a long time and I have not seen this project around, so I hope I am the first... An Austin Original. It could exist somewhere, but this one came out of my head.)

No comments: