Monday, December 26, 2011

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree

I fell in love with my Christmas tree this year. I finally got around to making some new ornaments and a tree skirt and everything turned out beautiful and added just the right touches to my tree.
The tree skirt

I seen this idea on Shanty2Chic (pretty sure) and I have wanted to make it ever since. It is made from painters drop cloths from Home Depot and was super fun to make. Made it a lot easier since I bought a ruffler foot this year.

Bird

I needed some birds to go with the little birdhouses I also have on the tree. I wanted to make these last year and just didn't have enough time. Luckily with the new job I started this year I got 6 glorious days off for Christmas. They were filled with craft projects and getting the last few things ready for Christmas.

Fabric Ornaments

I love the colors on my tree, so when I came across this idea for an ornament online(Brown Paper Packages) I knew it would look fabulous.

Glitter Ball

I found these balls at Winco and had to buy them. I sprayed a clear coat on them and sprinkled them with glitter. Funny thing, I am not a gold person, but I love the gold on my tree.

Jute Ornament

I had some old plastic ornaments that got a makeover. I love them.

Wicker Wreath

I bought these wreaths last year and hung on my tree. This year before I put them on the tree I added a burlap scrap to it. They hung on the tree for a few weeks until I added some crochet flowers. The flowers added just the right touch.

Rusty Wire Star

I have a stash of craft supplies and love it when I can complete a projects without having to buy a single supply. I thought the rusty wire would look good with the colors and theme I have going on my tree.
I took a block of wood and a star stencil and traced it on the wood. I put a nail on all the points on the star..inner and outer, 10 total nails. I then took the wire and weaved it through the nails. I went around 5 times and then carefully took it off the nail outline. I put a little piece of wire around the top and bottom to keep the five stars together and added raffia to the top.
I like to think that this is an Austin Original too. I haven't seen this one out there.

I am in love with my tree and all the new additions I made this year.

No comments: