Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A few things I made lately....

I made the girls all matching Halloween shirts this year. You can see a better shot of it below on Ashlyn. I couldn't find black tshirts so I ended up buying white shirts and some RIT dye. I didn't let them sit in the dye long enough and after they were washed they ended up gray. They still turned our cute and I like how the dye ended up leaving the thread a lighter color.
I added buttons to make cute little candy corns on the front.

Last weekend I learned how to screen print tshirts. Awesome. I am really excited about this one and can't wait to make more shirts. Especially when I dye the shirts and add some screen printing. Oh, the ideas running through my head.
I tried out a new purse pattern and made this bag above. If I don't ever sell any purses I will have a nice purse collection for myself.

Remember the purse above. I made it for myself a few weeks ago. It seemed like it just needed something else. Well, I found what it needed....see new purse below.
I attached the strap different and added some buttons.

4 comments:

Emily said...

you are so talented! When do you find time to do all these crafts?

jen said...

Cute stuff! I love the 'cute' shirt. I am going to have to try making a bag - I have been wanting to but they look hard.

The Johnston's said...

WHere do you get your fabric? We don't have hardly any good fabric stores here! Was the bag difficult?

Peetiedy said...

They are awesome. I know I am going to be in trouble once I have my own sewing machine. I already have made 4 blankets in two months without one. Thanks for sharing all the cute things you are making they are amazing.